Hampton Trust work highlighted on Fearne Cotton’s Happy Place Podcast featuring Ian Wright – 3rd May 2021
Former footballer Ian Wright is adored and revered by millions of people, but as a result of his traumatic childhood he hasn’t always recognised or trusted his success. The victim of domestic abuse as a child, Ian has spent the past few years bravely delving into his past experiences, both personally, and for a BBC documentary that he hopes will help others feel supported. In this chat with Fearne Ian is incredibly introspective about what he’s learnt about feeling anger and accepting love over his lifetime.
Ian Wright: Home Truths airs on the BBC on May 6th at 9pm, and will also be available on BBC iPlayer for you to watch in your own time.
Thanks to the sponsors of this series of Happy Place, WeDo/. Find out more, and get your hands on lots of exclusive offers, by visiting wedoact.com/happy.
Content warning: this episode includes conversations about domestic abuse.
In the UK, the National Centre for Domestic Violence can be reached www.ncdv.org.uk or 0800 9702070
The Hampton Trust can be found https://hamptontrust.org.uk
Safe Lives can be found https://safelives.org.uk/node/7
Subscribe to email updates
- DARE training goes national!!! – 31 March 2022
- Breaking the cycle for females who have offended
- Hampton Trust awarded Silver Working with Trauma Quality Standards
- Family Law in Partnership and Kingsley Napley Family team launch their 3rd edition of the guide ‘ Schedule 1 of the Childrens Act’ – find how to purchase it and donate to us at the same time!!
- ISVA team support another successful conviction-Isle of Wight County Press-20th August 2021