ISVA team support another successful conviction-Isle of Wight County Press-20th August 2021
A RYDE man who told police he was a virgin, but subjected a girl to rapes and other sexual crimes in the early 1990s, has been jailed for a decade.
Steven Roy Reddin, of Arundel Close, appeared before the Isle of Wight Crown Court today (Friday).
At a previous hearing on May 24, the 58-year-old admitted two counts of rape of a girl aged under 16, two counts of indecent assault on a girl aged under 14, and two counts of gross indecency with a girl aged under 14.
The offences date between June 9, 1991 and June 10, 1994.
Pre-sentence and psychiatric reports were ordered, and his case was adjourned.
Prosecutor, Tim Devlin, described a series of graphic occasions in which Reddin had sought sexual gratification from his victim, who was aged between nine and 13 at the time of the offences.
He said on one occasion, Reddin had even threatened to tell the victim’s parents how “disgusting she was” if she did not comply.#
Subscribe to email updates
- ISVA team support another successful conviction-Isle of Wight County Press-20th August 2021
- ISVA team support Hampshire Constabulary with successful conviction-11th August 2021
- Royal Television Society – Charlene Chika Osuagwu’s TV Diary- 17 June 2021
- Basingstoke Gazette – Hampton Trust says Marc Long’s victim ‘let down’ by justice system – 14 June 2021
- Hampton Trust training – Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences and its impacts – spaces available – 9 June 2021