Hampton Trust work highlighted on Fearne Cotton’s Happy Place Podcast featuring Ian Wright – 3rd May 2021
Former footballer Ian Wright is adored and revered by millions of people, but as a result of his traumatic childhood he hasn’t always recognised or trusted his success. The victim of domestic abuse as a child, Ian has spent the past few years bravely delving into his past experiences, both personally, and for a BBC documentary that he hopes will help others feel supported. In this chat with Fearne Ian is incredibly introspective about what he’s learnt about feeling anger and accepting love over his lifetime.
Ian Wright: Home Truths airs on the BBC on May 6th at 9pm, and will also be available on BBC iPlayer for you to watch in your own time.
Thanks to the sponsors of this series of Happy Place, WeDo/. Find out more, and get your hands on lots of exclusive offers, by visiting wedoact.com/happy.
Content warning: this episode includes conversations about domestic abuse.
In the UK, the National Centre for Domestic Violence can be reached www.ncdv.org.uk or 0800 9702070
The Hampton Trust can be found https://hamptontrust.org.uk
Safe Lives can be found https://safelives.org.uk/node/7
Subscribe to email updates
- Hampton Trust work highlighted on Fearne Cotton’s Happy Place Podcast featuring Ian Wright – 3rd May 2021
- Ian Wright impressed by the work of Hampton Trust during the filming of his documentary- i news article 3rd May 2021
- Chantal Hughes, CEO talking to the ITV Tonight Show – 8th April 2021
- Bournemouth Daily Echo News Article – Dorset Police launch programme to educate domestic abuse offenders – 29 March 2021
- New Valley News Article – New aim to stop serial domestic abuse- 26 March 2021