ISVA team support another successful conviction-Isle of Wight County Press-20th August 2021
A RYDE man who told police he was a virgin, but subjected a girl to rapes and other sexual crimes in the early 1990s, has been jailed for a decade.
Steven Roy Reddin, of Arundel Close, appeared before the Isle of Wight Crown Court today (Friday).
At a previous hearing on May 24, the 58-year-old admitted two counts of rape of a girl aged under 16, two counts of indecent assault on a girl aged under 14, and two counts of gross indecency with a girl aged under 14.
The offences date between June 9, 1991 and June 10, 1994.
Pre-sentence and psychiatric reports were ordered, and his case was adjourned.
Prosecutor, Tim Devlin, described a series of graphic occasions in which Reddin had sought sexual gratification from his victim, who was aged between nine and 13 at the time of the offences.
He said on one occasion, Reddin had even threatened to tell the victim’s parents how “disgusting she was” if she did not comply.#
Subscribe to email updates
- DARE training goes national!!! – 31 March 2022
- Breaking the cycle for females who have offended
- Hampton Trust awarded Silver Working with Trauma Quality Standards
- Family Law in Partnership and Kingsley Napley Family team launch their 3rd edition of the guide ‘ Schedule 1 of the Childrens Act’ – find how to purchase it and donate to us at the same time!!
- ISVA team support another successful conviction-Isle of Wight County Press-20th August 2021