New Valley News Article – New aim to stop serial domestic abuse- 26 March 2021
A new DRIVE programme launched by Dorset Police and administered by Hampton Trust, is a partnership initiative between Dorset Police, Police and Crime Commissioner, BCP Council and Dorset Council. The first six months of the programme is funded by the Home Office.
The organisers said that while many services rightly focus on support for victims, far less put an emphasis on rehabilitation of offenders. DRIVE works directly with perpetrators to challenge and support changes in attitudes, beliefs and behaviour. With one in 10 offenders still living with the victim it could help to reduce harm to partners and children and stop cycles of abuse, they add.
Subscribe to email updates
- DARE training goes national!!! – 31 March 2022
- Breaking the cycle for females who have offended
- Hampton Trust awarded Silver Working with Trauma Quality Standards
- Family Law in Partnership and Kingsley Napley Family team launch their 3rd edition of the guide ‘ Schedule 1 of the Childrens Act’ – find how to purchase it and donate to us at the same time!!
- ISVA team support another successful conviction-Isle of Wight County Press-20th August 2021